Linz

Linz Loves Romance

Duke of Desire
Elizabeth Hoyt
Story Genius: How to Use Brain Science to Go Beyond Outlining and Write a Riveting Novel (Before You Waste Three Years Writing 327 Pages That Go Nowhere)
Lisa Cron
What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Your A Game: winning promo for genre fiction
Damon Suede, Heidi Cullinan
Forbidden - Christina Phillips Interesting and unusual setting, of lovers torn between warring cultures. This book could have easily been dark and twisty, but it really didn't go that way. Phillips' writing has a hazy, almost ethereal quality that worked given the inclusion of Carys as Celtic, matrilineal Druid princess. Carys was likeable and assertive. Maximus, as a Roman conqueror could have easily just kidnapped her in the first scene, but he doesn't. All of this was refreshing and appreciated. (Same goes for the lack of slut-shaming from the Celts. Thank you!)

I would agree with other reviewers that I don't think the label "erotic historical novel" fits. Drop the "erotic" and it would better fit one's expectations for a historical romance. But, that's just my opinion. I will definitely be reading more from this author.