Linz

Linz Loves Romance

Duke of Desire
Elizabeth Hoyt
Story Genius: How to Use Brain Science to Go Beyond Outlining and Write a Riveting Novel (Before You Waste Three Years Writing 327 Pages That Go Nowhere)
Lisa Cron
What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Your A Game: winning promo for genre fiction
Damon Suede, Heidi Cullinan
To Tempt a Scotsman - Victoria Dahl This is the first historical romance I've read by Victoria Dahl. I really like her voice. There was humor, sweetness, a little angst, a wise French maid ;), Scotland, and fiesty women and the men who loved them. I could have handled (and somehow expected?) a few more smexy times. Several were summarized/mentioned that we never got to read.

I really liked how Alex owned her "scandalousness." She was stronger and wiser than most gave her credit but I think there are a few ways to view her. Still, she worked for me and Collin was an interesting match for her. I also really liked that Alex had at least two female friends (yes, I'm counting her maid too). So unusual for some historicals and romance in general, but I love it.

I will definitely be reading more of Dahl's books.