Linz

Linz Loves Romance

Duke of Desire
Elizabeth Hoyt
Story Genius: How to Use Brain Science to Go Beyond Outlining and Write a Riveting Novel (Before You Waste Three Years Writing 327 Pages That Go Nowhere)
Lisa Cron
What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Your A Game: winning promo for genre fiction
Damon Suede, Heidi Cullinan
Barefoot in the Sun - Roxanne St. Claire Roxanne St. Claire totally delivers in the third book of the Barefoot Bay series, Barefoot in the Sun. I really enjoyed it. Since Zoe was introduced two books ago, really the new character is Oliver. He was riveting. We get more of a sense of their history--heartbreaking!--and how being with Zoe would be a big risk. She is literally flighty. The scenes between Zoe and Oliver were my favorites, particularly as Oliver refused to just be a booty-call. It was refreshing and adult, not that I would have minded extra booty-call scenes. Ahem. Such a Doctor Hottie.

The secondary characters, at times, took over the scenes, Aunt Pasha in particular. Not a problem for me, but their personalities and circumstances were almost over the top. What I really like about St. Claire's writing though, is that the situations can be extreme, but her writing makes them seem plausible. She nevers wallows or exploits the extreme, but, instead goes there briefly and then pulls it back. It is just the right tone for a contemporary, and keeps the action about the characters' reactions/emotions, not the horrors to which they are subjected.

It was apparent in their first scene together that Oliver and Zoe belonged together. I loved how they both earned their HEA though. Zoe had a bit more to do than Oliver, but she got there.

Totally loved it. Can't wait for the next book! :)