Linz

Linz Loves Romance

Preservation (The Walsh Series Book 7)
Kate Canterbary
The Bollywood Bride
Sonali Dev
Your A Game: winning promo for genre fiction
Damon Suede, Heidi Cullinan
MacRieve - Kresley Cole Loved it. Complex, heart-breaking, funny, and filled with Lykae goodness. I will be adding "Scottish sex god" to my vocabulary, somehow. (Wait. It's already in my vocab.) Only Kresley Cole could write this book. Go and read it. There's something quite special about it. (Spoilery deets below.)

Cole created a premise with a deeply traumatized character, Will, and has him work through it in challenging ways, but I never felt traumatized as a reader. My heart ached, yes, but she didn't dwell or show scenes of him being abused beyond pieces of it in the first scene. I understood what had happened to him without her showing him having flashbacks and the content of those either. So it was angsty without giving me nightmares. Win. Also, other authors, although rarely, have written heroes with a history of CSA/SA. To me, Cole's portrayal was respectful and well-researched.

And then there's Chloe. Truly one of the most likable heroines I've ever read: tough, strong, caring, funny, with a strong sense of self-worth. And an athlete! Loved that she was a soccer player. She was a perfect match for Will in many ways, being literally "a center" for him. And, while their relationship was part of what helped Will heal, I appreciated that it wasn't just due to Chloe having a magical vaj.

On a WAY lighter note: best trash talking in a IAD book! So freaking funny. (With Regin--in any book--being a very close second. <3 her.) And the trigger-event BJ! I died.

Readers have waited a long time for one of the (beloved) Lykae twins stories and this was beyond my expectations. There were plenty of actions scenes, but the last half was more of a focus on internal conflict and conflict in their relationship. That contrast worked for me. And Gaelic dirty-talk? Aye!

Excited for the next in the series. Cole keeps it fresh, exciting, and surprising. I'm sure I'll be rereading MacRieve soon.