Linz

Linz Loves Romance

Duke of Desire
Elizabeth Hoyt
Story Genius: How to Use Brain Science to Go Beyond Outlining and Write a Riveting Novel (Before You Waste Three Years Writing 327 Pages That Go Nowhere)
Lisa Cron
What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Your A Game: winning promo for genre fiction
Damon Suede, Heidi Cullinan
A Hunger Like No Other - Kresley Cole I love this book and would give it 4 1/2 stars. It took me a while to warm up to Emmaline. She really, really grows as a character but she had a ways to go. Lachlain was also really intense and a little scary at first. But one of the things I love about Kresley Cole is the way she tends to take opposites and make them work. They do and Emmaline becomes a "thing with which one does not fuck." High praise in the Lore. I absolutely did not see the end coming and that is why Cole is so good. Great pair to unite the Valkyrie (w/ some vamper thrown in) and Lykae forces in the Lore.

Update: just finished rereading (March 2013) and I liked it even more this time. My reaction to Lachlain at the beginning of the book is the same, but he does end up being quite likable once back in Scotland. I enjoyed some tidbits I'd forgotten near the end with insights about Furie. Given that I am still OBSESSED with Lothaire it surprised me how much the end of this book sets up a lot of what is covered with Lothaire.

Highly recommend. Enjoyed Emmaline's growth from timid to fierce.