Linz

Linz Loves Romance

Your A Game: winning promo for genre fiction
Damon Suede, Heidi Cullinan
Shadow's Claim - Kresley Cole I am a total fan-girl about Kresley Cole. Loved this book! Trehan is the textbook example of how a vampire treats his bride. He is strong, smart, and focused on Bettina, but also, despite his near-legendary status as an assassin, reassures her he will never hurt her. This was an interesting contrast to Lothaire (who I LOVE), as he was pretty awful to his bride in his own book. Bettina seemed to struggle with post-traumatic stress after nearly being killed by the Vrekeners at the beginning of the book. She is young and has been sheltered for most of her life, but, even as she is healing, we see that she does not want just a protector, but someone who will love her for who she is. Loved the empowerment theme here.

I enjoyed the tournament and the nod to chivalry, which made sense given that Trehan is 900 years old. He was fierce but also a gentleman. And, as expected--and enjoyed!--Cole's humor had me giggling throughout the book.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the Dacians. I thought the Wroth bros were pretty swoon-worthy, but Team Dacia might have me changing sides. Plus, Lothaire doling out relationship advice is beyond hilarious. And--Morgana as Bettina's godmother was everything I'd want her to be. A scene with Sabine near the end was fab.

Highly recommend this installment in the IAD series and it is a great first book in her Realm of Blood and Mist collection.