Linz

Linz Loves Romance

Duke of Desire
Elizabeth Hoyt
Story Genius: How to Use Brain Science to Go Beyond Outlining and Write a Riveting Novel (Before You Waste Three Years Writing 327 Pages That Go Nowhere)
Lisa Cron
What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Your A Game: winning promo for genre fiction
Damon Suede, Heidi Cullinan

Prime Minister Mini-Review

Prime Minister (Frisky Beavers) (Volume 1) - Ainsley Booth, Sadie Haller

I picked this up when it was on sale this past week. It's about Gavin Strong, the new Canadian Prime Minister, and Ellie Montague, a grad student on a summer internship in his office. The hook for me was the hero as PM. Ahem. Gaven and Ellie circle around their attraction, failing to stay away from each other. The heat level was high and there were plenty of steamy scenes.

What worked for me: the hero, the setting, and the sweet way Gavin and Ellie can't stay away from each other

What didn't work so well: this is a minor gripe, but Gavin's main meals were pizza and beer. The sheer repetition bothered me, but also, that he, at age 39, ate that way. Yes, it made him relatable, but I find it hard to believe the PM wouldn't have a chef, etc. Also, Gavin's pet name for Ellie was Sprite. Made me think of the soda every time.

This was fun and kind of escapist--exactly what I needed. The BDSM elements were well-done. I look forward to reading more in this series.