Linz

Linz Loves Romance

Story Genius: How to Use Brain Science to Go Beyond Outlining and Write a Riveting Novel (Before You Waste Three Years Writing 327 Pages That Go Nowhere)
Lisa Cron
What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Your A Game: winning promo for genre fiction
Damon Suede, Heidi Cullinan

The Sell: Mini-Review

The Sell: The Secrets of Selling Anything to Anyone - Fredrik Eklund, Barbara  Corcoran, Bruce   Littlefield

I bought this audiobook because I love Million Dollar Listing New York and Fredrik is perhaps my favorite agent on the show. He's hilarious, works hard, and has clearly found his calling as a real estate agent. He seems like someone who could sell anything to anyone. He's charming and driven. I wouldn't normally read a book about selling. It's not something I'm good at or interested in, but know that I need to be as a (future) author.

The Sell is entertaining, engaging, and heart-felt. Of course Fredrik did the audio for his book, which, I think, is the best way to experience it. (Yes, he high-kicks and squees.) :) My favorite parts were the glimpses into his daily life which consist of long days, multitasking with phones, delegating tasks that don't make him money, and sweet moments where he talks about his husband Derek.

As a fan, I really loved this book. As someone learning about selling techniques, I definitely learned some strategies too. I appreciated his focus on relationships, both in terms of business dealings, and one's personal life.

Highly recommend to fans of the show and/or to anyone who wants to learn about selling techniques from a natural.