Linz

Linz Loves Romance

Duke of Desire
Elizabeth Hoyt
Story Genius: How to Use Brain Science to Go Beyond Outlining and Write a Riveting Novel (Before You Waste Three Years Writing 327 Pages That Go Nowhere)
Lisa Cron
What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Your A Game: winning promo for genre fiction
Damon Suede, Heidi Cullinan

Reading Update

Captivated by You - Sylvia Day

I've been a fan of the Crossfire series and Sylvia Day's writing in particular (hello, backlist!) for a while now. However, I'm sending Captivated in You back to the library. One of the things you have to accept with Gideon and Eva is that they are two "messed up" people who (sloooooowly) work on becoming more healthy. That's the premise of the series.

For me, by book #4, I'm not feeling it. I want them to grow up, stop being so insecure, and stop playing games with each other. Clearly, Day isn't ready for them to be at that stage. So, since I firmly believe in only reading what I really like, it's a DNF for me.

I normally don't post my DNFs, but, hey, it's a new year. I thought I'd try something new.