Linz

Linz Loves Romance

Duke of Desire
Elizabeth Hoyt
Story Genius: How to Use Brain Science to Go Beyond Outlining and Write a Riveting Novel (Before You Waste Three Years Writing 327 Pages That Go Nowhere)
Lisa Cron
What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Your A Game: winning promo for genre fiction
Damon Suede, Heidi Cullinan

As You Wish Review

As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride - Joe Layden, Cary Elwes, Rob Reiner

Short version: I LOVED THIS AUDIOBOOK!!

Longer fangirl version: The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies. I actually saw it in the theater and then bought the book (William Goldman's) right after. I think I stayed up all night reading it. As You Wish is a book on the making of the movie, with the audiobook version read by Cary Elwes, who plays Westley in the movie. Elwes co-wrote the book just after the movie had its 25th anniversary.

I couldn't have asked for more. I was already a fan of the movie, the book it was based on, and I probably still have a crush on Elwes. I loved his voice and thought he did a great job--funny and poignant. Certain sections are told by various actors in the movie (just go see the list--so many!) as well as Rob Reiner (the director), and others, including an epilogue by the producer Normal Lear.

I'd read a couple other reviews of the book and heard that the behind the scenes stories were pretty glowing and all positive. I would agree. That worked for me though. I started listening to it after a(nother) week of awful news in the world. So, to hear such stories about something I have such fond memories of, was perfect. I listened to it on walks and in the car and I think I had a perma-smile on my face. Several times I even laughed out loud.

I adored it. If you are at all a fan of the movie, I highly recommend this book.